Bride dies of allergic reaction after stirring tea with wrong spoon

Just days after their engagement, a bride-to-be died tragically after using the wrong spoon to stir her tea.

Jess Prinsloo, 24, is believed to have died of an acute dairy allergy while on a romantic vacation in South Africa with partner Craig McKinnon, also 24. Sun report.

Craig proposed to her on December 27 at the God’s Window viewpoint in Mpumalanga, South Africa.

A marketing executive from Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK said yes, and the two celebrated for a few days before going to her mother’s home in Johannesburg on December 30th.

She came into contact with the milk and fell into anaphylaxis, an allergic reaction, and Jess died in hospital the next day.

“It’s hard to find clarity today, the worst day of my life,” Craig wrote in a heartbreaking post on social media.

“But the 3+ years I spent with Jess are irreplaceable and I wouldn’t trade 60 years for anyone else on the planet.

“I am devastated and in pain like I have never felt before, but when anyone who has spent time with her company says they were lucky to call her my fiancée. , you know what I mean” [for] The best 3 days of my life. ”

The couple met in 2019 while in college and moved in together in 2021.

Jess had many family members in South Africa, but she had not returned for six years.

“The look on her face…it meant everything,” he said mirror.

Excited about the proposal, Jess updated her social media accounts the same day and was inundated with messages from friends and family.

The next update on her Facebook page was to share the horrifying news that she was in “critical condition” at the hospital.

According to Craig, Jess was always vigilant about her condition, but allergy medication reportedly didn’t work during her reaction.

“When Jess died, a part of me died too, but no one is to blame for her death,” he said.

He was woken up by his older brother Darren, and said he had a particularly bad reaction after allergy medicine “wasn’t working as it should”.

She was rushed to hospital, but despite the efforts of doctors, her life could not be saved.

Jess has had allergic reactions since she was 9 months old and had to be resuscitated after coming into contact with dairy in curry at 18.

“Another time, she ordered a vegan dessert that shouldn’t contain dairy and needed an antihistamine, an epipen, and a trip to the hospital. I don’t eat the product,” Craig said.

After her death, Craig was charged £3,700 (AUD 6,584) in medical expenses and £1,200 (AUD 2,132) in autopsy costs.

Craig and Jess’ families have set up a GoFundMe page to help cover expenses and funeral expenses.

This article originally appeared on Sun Reproduced with permission.

Bride dies of allergic reaction after stirring tea with wrong spoon

Source link Bride dies of allergic reaction after stirring tea with wrong spoon

Exit mobile version