How Not to Become Addicted to Web Gambling
Every day the entertainment industry bursts into our lives changing it. Numerous poker clubs and casinos are waiting for players. With the advent of the Internet, there is the opportunity to gamble at dozens of poker rooms and casinos without leaving home. All you need to do is make a deposit, study the rules and start playing.
Over the past ten years, scientists have come to the conclusion that gambling addiction, as a psychological disorder, must be put on a par with diseases/addictions such as drug addiction, alcoholism, and smoking. Therefore, if you have decided to try your chances with online pokies for kiwis on one of the gambling sites, it is worth understanding the seriousness of the matter.
Gambling radically changes the lives of players, disrupts their psyche. The world of games changes life. The hours that the player spends at online tournaments change the psychology of the player, relegating family, sports, and other hobbies to a secondary plan. The player looks forward to the start of the tournament, places big bets, smokes a few cigarettes, drinks strong coffee, adrenaline, disappointment, lost money…
When Do People Face the Risk of Addiction?
According to the experience of many players, gambling addiction appears when playing on the Internet. In this case, it is not possible to control the time. Winnings appear, and players immediately register for the next tournament or sit down at the roulette table again. Experienced players open up to 10 tournament tables, participate in poker battles, and the night flies by like an instant.
Tips Not to Become Addicted
This gambling addiction, taking into account the large financial losses lost, leads to serious psychological consequences for the player. Scientists have developed several practical recommendations to prevent such consequences for both experienced and novice players:
- First of all, you need to set your own limit of financial resources and time. Determine, for example, that a day you will play up to three hours, and the number of bets will be up to $40, follow the conditions of the restrictions.
- Control your emotions and feelings. If you lose a tournament in poker or on the table in a casino, do not give free rein to your emotions, do not bet more than your daily limit, if you have a good win, it is advisable to stop playing on that day.
- It is preferable to play online tournaments with friends, communicate more, and not be alone.
- If failures have been happening for several days, then stop, forget the games for a while, analyze your mistakes and play style, get distracted, and calm down.
- Diversify your life, devote more time to other entertainments, such as sports, travel, communication with relatives/friends, etc.
Today, gambling addiction is becoming a serious problem for many people; every month the percentage of such gambling addicts in the world is growing. If you cannot cope with this problem on your own, then you need to contact a specialist