Since becoming the center of Australia’s most high-profile fashion trade, sass & bide co-founder Sarah Jane Clarke has traveled a lot privately, but with her travel-inspired brand, She is now returning to the runway on her own terms.
In 2011, sass & bide was taken from the David Jones family of designers by department store rival Meyer. Meyer bought his 65% of the brand for his $42.5 million. Two years later, with her remaining 35% purchased by her Myer for her $30 million, Clarke and co-founder Heidi Middleton are happily stepping away from the forefront of Australian fashion.
Now, Clarke is back at David Jones to join the store’s spring season launch tonight in Sydney, where her eponymous label, Sarah Jane Clarke, is backed by Mato, Toni Matichevski, and Bianca.・I share the runway with Spender.
Clarke, who started sass & bide in London’s Portobello Market with Middleton in 1999, says, “It’s a lot different than when I was in my 20s. It seemed like I was trying to conquer the world. Now it’s a gentle pace. is moving.”
The relaxed Sarah Jane Clarke collection is a lifetime away from the sass & bidet butt-grabbing denim, mouse leggings and sequined vests worn by Beyoncé, Madonna, Rihanna and Sarah Jessica Parker. Experience. sex and the cityClarke launched the label in 2018, focusing on travel-inspired slow fashion pieces, sold online and in resort boutiques.
“It was a very slow chugging, with different brand ethos,” Clark says. We create pieces that are multi-tasker and easy to wear, and while we still have the dopamine rush from the amazing colors and beautiful fabrics, the joy can be experienced in many different ways.
That joy is expressed in flamenco-style silk-linen trousers subdued by a biscuit palette, powder blue blazers with sharp shoulders softened into baggy silhouettes and whimsical tunics trimmed with ostrich feathers. increase.
Since dropping her first pieces out of her Watsons Bay studio, Clarke has been in talks with womenswear general manager David Jones’s Bridget Veels, but will wait until the time is right to return to the forefront of Australian fashion. was
Sass & Bide Designer Sarah Jane Clark Returns to David Jones
Source link Sass & Bide Designer Sarah Jane Clark Returns to David Jones