Magnetic learners and P plates bad for cars

P-platers and learner drivers are warned that using one type of plate can cause permanent damage to the vehicle.

Magnetic plates are popular with drivers learning to drive, but while they are easy to remove, they can leave scratches and marks after use.

A mother shared her daughter’s experience with the magnetic plate, revealing that it left a white shadow on her car after just two days.

“I’ve had a P-plate on my vehicle for up to two days. It’s full of paint,” she said on her popular Facebook page Cleaning & Organizing Inspiration Australia.

“It’s terrible. It’s only been on for a few days.”

Many magnetic plates come with a warning that ‘prolonged installation on a vehicle may damage the paintwork’ to avoid leaving it attached to the vehicle when not needed.

This post got a lot of comments from other parents who didn’t know the plates could damage the family’s car.

“We’re throwing our stuff in the trash now. I had no idea,” said one person.

“Wow, I didn’t even know this was a thing,” added another.

Others, on the other hand, had similar experiences using magnetic plates, even though they “ruined” their first car.

“This was happening a year ago when I was in interim. They finally dissolved in the paint. I wasn’t happy,” he commented.

“When I used it years ago, they didn’t warn about the magnetic stuff. I ended up with two magnetic squares on my car that melted and stuck together.” I never took my clothes off.

Magnetic learners and P plates bad for cars

Source link Magnetic learners and P plates bad for cars

Back to top button